SAFE ARRIVAL LINE 902-832-8952 EXT 1
Week of January 22-26, 2018
Stock advises us that bus 138 will begin its route at approximately 9:25am on January 23rd.
Follow us on twitter @RLJH_HRSB (please note this is a new twitter account)
Anyone still interested in Joining the Martock Club a few spots have come available. Please see Ms. Newton for the paperwork if interested in claiming our last couple of spots.
- School dance is being held on Thursday, January 18 6:30-8:30pm. Only students from Rocky Lake Junior High will be permitted to attend (no outside guests). Students will not be permitted to leave the school prior to 8:30pm unless a parent comes into the school to pick them up.
- Late French Immersion Parent Information meeting (for grade 6 students going into late french immersion in the 2018-19 school year). February 8th, 2018 6-6:45pm.
Please visit the HRSB website at www.hrsb.ca to sign up for text message and email notifications regarding school closures in the event of inclement weather.
Guidelines for School and/or Bus Cancellation Due to Inclement Weather
Student safety is the first priority of the Halifax Regional School Board (HRSB) when making school cancellation decisions. HRSB staff begins to gather information from various sources beginning at 4:30 am. Staff consults with Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) staff on road conditions, local weather services, and Stock Transportation. By 5:30 am, staff makes a recommendation to the Superintendent based on the information gathered. If it is safe to have students on the roads and sidewalks, then schools will be open. If not, all or some schools may be closed depending on the weather and road conditions in different areas of the board.
Parents/ guardians; winter is coming; do you have a childcare plan in place in the event of a school closure? Do you know what Family of Schools your child’s school belongs to? Parents/ guardians always have the right to keep their child home from school if they believe that the travelling conditions are unsuitable.
For full day closures of all or some schools, the decision will be announced as close to 6:00 am as possible. Announcements will be:
- Posted on the HRSB’s website (hrsb.ca);
- Posted on the HRSB’s Twitter account (HRSB_Official);
- Recorded on the HRSB’s School Cancellation Information Line 464-INFO (4636);
- Shared with subscribers to the board’s email and text notification system; and
- Communicated to local media outlets.
- If conditions deteriorate throughout the day, the Superintendent may close schools early when weather or road conditions are considered to be a threat to the safety of students. In the event of an early school closure, the announcement will be made by 11 am. School busses will be dispatched to schools two hours earlier than their normal regularly scheduled pick-up for the afternoon dismissal, walking students will be dismissed at the start of their regular lunch time.
NEW! On school days when weather conditions exist that it is not safe to open schools at the regularly scheduled time, but it is predicted that conditions will improve, a 2 hour delayed opening may be considered. Delayed openings would be considered when a severe weather event has concluded but snow clearing or other operations require additional time. Delayed opening may also be considered when the physical plant is experiencing an issue (power, water) and additional time is required to prepare the facility for opening.
In the event of a delayed opening the following will apply:
- School opening will be delayed 2 hours
- School bus pick up times will be delayed 2 hours
- Excel child care will be cancelled for the morning only
- Pre-Primary opening will be delayed 2 hours
- Each school will alter morning schedules to best address their timetables.
- Lunch times will not change
- Afternoon class schedules will not change
- Dismissal time will not change.
Week of December 4-8 2017
Click here for Guidance News
Click here for Bus Changes new change effective December 13, 2017
Click here for Sports Info
Click here for School Club Info
Click here for Band Info
Any information regarding bussing – re late bus, lost and found on bus, change of bus schedule, bus eligibility should be directed to Stock Transportation 902-481-8400.
BUS SCHEDULES CAN BE FOUND at stockhalifax.com